Alas, yet another school year has come to a close. We want to take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of getting your Medicaid documentation completed and submitted to MSB. We realize that many service providers have already left for summer break, but for those who are still available, please remind them to post all of their Lumea sessions before they leave for vacation. This will allow MSB to maximize all potential billing opportunities for FY16 within the 90-day filing deadline.
End of year Lumea checklist:
- Service Providers have logged and submitted/posted all sessions for Medicaid covered services provided. If a session has not occurred, Service Providers must either delete the session, or mark the student as Not Present and Post.
- Team Leaders have reviewed and posted sessions for those Service Providers that they supervise and are part of their Team Leader caseloads
- Administrators have assigned all Service Providers Requiring Professional Oversight to the appropriate Team Leader
- Administrators have performed Student Identity Verification (if Service Providers have permission to add new students to Lumea) so these pending students are made active and are billable
- Administrators have set the “Okay to Bill Medicaid” toggle to “yes” for those students you wish to bill
- Administrators have updated the District of Liability fields
- Administrators have updated the Parental Consent Date fields, if tracking in Lumea
- Update the District Calendar with any cancellations
- “Exit” students in Lumea who have aged out or are leaving your district
- Update credentials for any Service Providers in Lumea with expiring credential records or missing credential records
Random Moment Time Study: RMTS school calendars will be due approximately August 1st. Sharon will be in touch with district administration to review the school start and stop times and calendar groups to increase the likelihood for a random moment to occur only while staff is expected to work.
The next RMTS list will be due approximately September 1st. Our team is currently scheduling meetings to review RMTS lists for the upcoming year to ensure staff is coded accurately with respect to their credentials and the services they deliver. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we have not yet scheduled this important meeting.
Extended School Year: Please ensure that all IEP ordered health-related services are being recorded for the ESY in Lumea. For students placed out of district, please communicate with the facility about which transactions logs the district should expect to receive to make sure you are maximizing your reimbursements and properly collecting documentation to account for tuition costs claimed for out of district tuition.
Out of District Students: Forward logs received from out of district schools and collaboratives to Sharon.