The school year will be coming to a close before we know it! We want to take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of getting District Medicaid documentation completed and submitted to EDMS before service providers leave for summer break.
End of year Medicaid checklist:
- Service providers have documented all sessions for Medicaid covered services on documentation logs before the last day of school.
- Submit all documentation logs to EDMS. Logs must be signed and dated by the service providers as well as supervising professionals, when applicable. Provider signatures must be dated on or after the last day of service recorded. Professional oversight signatures must be dated on or after the date of the supervisee’s signature.
- Quarterly progress notes for Related Services (OT, PT, Speech, etc.) are included with documentation logs or completed in Goalview for the EDMS Claims Analyst to access.
- Ensure any handwritten changes, including cross-outs, are initialed.
- Communicate any Provider List updates to the EDMS Claims Analyst. All new staff providing services to be billed at professional level must submit a Provider Certification Agreement and License.
- Send Caseload changes and updated TCodes for students who will be graduating high school, transferring from Middle School to high school, etc. or update in Goalview for seamless documentation creation.
- Submit all Worksheet A documentation logs to EDMS.