Billing Requirements for Students at Out of State Schools:
* From page 133 of 16/17 Vermont School-Based Health Services Manual, the AOE needs the following from districts in order to approve billing for out of State Schools:
- Copies of professional staff licenses/credentials who are providing services to the student or signing as a supervisor
- Provider Certification Agreements for each professional staff providing services to the student
* In addition to the information requested in the manual, field reps have asked for program calendars showing the number of school days with school closings including holidays, vacations, snow days, etc.
*Once all this information is obtained, please send to your district’s field rep for review, and they will determine whether it is ok to bill or not. If billing is approved, the Certification Agreements and Credentials would also need to be forwarded to EDMS.
State Placed Students at Out of State Schools:
* From page 131 of the 16/17 Vermont School-Based Health Services Manual:
- To avoid penalties, if logs cannot be obtained and billed by the filing deadline, justification letters need to be submitted to the Education Medicaid Unit Administrator at the AOE
- Current policy is that $1,000 is withheld from the Worksheet A payment, for each missing Medicaid claim (for more information please refer to page 131 of the manual)