Without the proper credentials or a waiver in place, Districts are not eligible for reimbursement for Mental Health services (please note that this does not apply to Psychological or Psychiatric services).
A waiver is required if:
- Mental Health services are provided out of state, or
- the New Hampshire Mental Health provider does not hold one of the three NH DOE certifications referenced below
- NH DOE-certified school guidance director
- NH DOE-certified school guidance counselor
- NH DOE-certified school social worker
It is imperative to submit waiver requests as quickly as possible, as districts cannot seek reimbursements without an approved waiver, and all dates prior to the submission date of the waiver request are not reimbursable.
Once approval has been granted, waivers typically are effective for a three-year period starting on the date of the district’s request.
For more details, please see MSB’s waiver instructions available on our website.