Below are great resources for Section 28 Rehabilitative and Community Services (RCS). RCS is for children or youth up to the age of 21 who have a developmental disability that affects their everyday functioning. (Ex. Autism Spectrum Disorders & Intellectual Disability). Services include skill building in activities of daily living and behavior management.
Department of Health and Human Services
- MaineCare Benefits Manual, Chapter II, Section 28 (effective 9/28/10)
- MaineCare Benefits Manual, Chapter III, Section 28 (Updated 11/8/18)
- Comprehensive Assessment
- Comprehensive Assessment Addendum
- Section 28 Snapshot
- Section 28 Flowchart
- Section 28 Frequently Asked Questions
- Implementation and Audit Criteria
- Prior Authorization Guidance
- Record of Supervision – BHP
Individualized Treatment Plan (ITP)
- KEPRO is an independent 3rd party not affiliated with EDMS. EDMS cannot provide support on the KEPRO site or materials. Below are a list of pages maintained by KEPRO that Districts will need most frequently. For issues and questions about content on the KEPRO site, or documents you may need, please contact KEPRO directly.
To access the Section 28 Required Referral document, you will now be required to request the file directly from KEPRO.